Measures related to coronavirus
Health and safety is our number one priority. NLR keeps a close eye on the developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and follows the protocols of the national institute for public health and the environment (RIVM) and the Dutch government.
Staff guidelines & visits to NLR
NLR has implemented staff guidelines in relation to remote working, social interactions, hygiene, travel and visits to NLR:
- to prevent infections and limit the consequences of the new virus, our employees will work from home as much as possible. NLR has robust IT systems and we have a remote working plan which enables us to continue providing our services beyond our physical offices;
- (business)trips are very limited;
- Appointments previously made at NLR locations with external parties will be postponed in consultation.
Continuity of our services
Taking into account that circumstances can change every day, we assure you that we try our utmost to continue to meet your business needs:
- NLR has a crisis plan in place and the NLR crisis response team meets on a regular basis to take the necessary steps to ensure our business continuity and counteract business interruptions. NLR is constantly evaluating the situation and monitoring any potential knock on effects to projects and will try to mitigate via alternative plans where necessary;
- Nevertheless, due to this pandemic we find ourselves in a vulnerable equilibrium and the directives of Dutch authorities may change our current situation and propose a serious threat to the continuity of our services to you in the near future and may result in a delay or postponement of our services to you and/or a shift in delivery dates and project planning;
- In the event that our services to you are affected by the coronavirus pandemic your regular NLR contact shall inform you accordingly and assess the situation with you and try to find solutions for the problems that have risen. If you have concerns regarding the impact of coronavirus on your project, please inform your regular NLR contact. Your regular contact shall advise you personally or redirect your questions to the appropriate contact person in this regard.
We hope our business partners understand this policy and we wish for the situation to improve soon. As soon as there are new developments, we will adjust our policy accordingly. For more information about the coronavirus we refer to the website of RIVM.