• Cost-effective development of dedicated thermal control systems (10 W-100 kW)?
• Two-phase heat transport systems (two-phase pumped loops, loop heat pipes, oscillating heat pipes, vapour chambers)?
• High thermal stability thermal control systems (mK-level)?
• Lightweight and mini thermal control systems?
• Design, modelling, prototyping, development testing and qualification of satellite and aerospace cooling systems?
• Conductivity testing of carbon fibre panels (guarded hot plate method) ?
• Design and delivery of filling systems for heat pipes, cooling systems and spacecraft storage tanks?
• Thermal modelling and testing of aerospace wiring?
• Qualified R&D and Test engineers
• Thermal Vacuum Chambers (with IR-window and IR-camera), Thermal cycling chamber
• Thermal laboratory (pumps, flow meters, cooling baths, cold plates)
• Software (ESATAN, ThermXL, Abacus FEA, Matlab, Mathcad, Labview)
The thermal vacuum facility is part of the NLR environmental test facilities for a complete one-stop environmental test campaign.
Major customers are: AMS02 (CERN), NASA, Stork Fokker Elmo, ASML, Thales, ESA, Bradford Engineering and Dutch Space.
NLR was a leader in the development of the Tracker Thermal Control Cooling system for AMS02, a dedicated two-phase cooling system which has been operating on ISS since May 16 2011.
Oscillating heat pipes