• A second opinion on the flight physics of your (un)manned fixed wing aircraft, rotorcraft or launcher?
• Validation of your own analysis of aerodynamic forces and moments, transonic flutter analysis or the mitigation of unwanted Limit Cycle Oscillation properties contained in your design?
• An analysis of the loads in the complete flight envelope, including aerodynamic loads, gust loads, buffet loads?
• The use of Six degrees of freedom (6DOF) aerodynamic models?
• To run your own CFD calculations on our infrastructure?
The capabilities to validate your approach, in the field of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Computational Aero-Elastics (CAE), Computational Aero-Acoustics (CAA), Computational Electro Magnetics (CEM) and Radar Cross Section (RCS) analysis, and loads analysis. We can accurately compute the jig shape of rotating blades in a Counter Rotating Open Rotor (CROR). Similarly, we can support the computation of the jig shape that delivers the design point flight shape.
We create optimised multi-point, multi-objective and multi-constraint designs. We can support or take care of your virtual Development, Testing and Evaluation (DT&E) programme for aero-elastically tailored structural aircraft components. We have an up-to-date, specialized computer infrastructure, including an SGI Altix cluster computer and the NLR ENFLOW code.
We also offer you our eCFD capability for running your own CFD calculations on our infrastructure: http://ecfd.nlr.nl
Engine airframe integration analysis
Preliminary design of aircraft configurations